Saturday, January 10, 2015

TOP TEN MOVIE LISTS

As you anxiously await my 2014 Top Ten List (I have about 10 more movies to see this month), I need to revisit my list from last year.  I recently watched a movie on the small screen that I neglected to see in the theater: "HER" (Directed by Spike Jonze). I knew as soon as I saw it that it was a Top Ten lock. Well-deserving of its Oscar for Best Original Screenplay and nomination for Best Picture, I think it was the 5th Best Movie of 2013, squeezing out "THE WOLF OF WALL STREET" from the Top Ten.

The adjusted list looks like this:

2. INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS
3. GRAVITY
4. La Grande Bellezza ("The Great Beauty") - ITALY 
5. Her
6. Blue Jasmine
7. Nebraska
8. American Hustle
9. All Is Lost
10 (tie). Mud and Dallas Buyer's Club 

Honorable Mention
The Wolf of Wall Street
The East
The Invisible Woman
Much Ado About Nothing
Philomena
Rush


Stoker