Wednesday, February 10, 2010

TOP TEN MOVIES OF 2009

February 11, 2010 --

I'm always the last critic to post my Top Ten List (there are just so many movies to see at the end of the year!!) Fortunately, the East Coast blizzard gave me the one extra day I needed to complete the list before I travel to the historic Berlin Film Festival ! (60th year). (Even so, I still haven't seen "Crazy Heart.")

To build the suspense, I first present my Saw & Enjoyed:

An Education (UK)
The Damned United (UK)
The International
Nine
Star Trek

Next, my Honorable Mention:

Antichrist
The Informant!
State of Play

Now, in ascending order:

10. The Moon
9. (500) Days of Summer
8. A Serious Man
7. Avatar
6. Me and Orson Welles
5. The Fantastic Mr. Fox
4. Precious: ...
3A. INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
3. Up In The Air
2. BRIGHT STAR

and the No. 1 Movie of the Year ...

1. THE HURT LOCKER -- Good luck at the Oscars!

2 comments:

  1. so glad (500) Days made it to the list & Up In The Air--agree on both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Have you made a list yet?
    On tap this weekend: OSCAR SHORTS!!

    ReplyDelete